To start a conversation; an evocative one and keep it going is an art!
For most of the guys, it is tough striking a conversation with a girl they like. They either think too little or think out-of-the-box. For some guys, as they see a beautiful and charming girl, it becomes challenging to say something intelligible, forget striking up a conversation. Right, guys?
Try to break the ice as soon as possible. The sooner, the better!
You see a pretty girl and want to start a conversation with her but you are too nervous to say even a word. Don’t you worry, here are a few pointers that might help you to strike a good conversation with the girl you like or have a crush on. Follow these:
- Look at her face and make an eye contact: While talking to her, don’t look around the room or lobby or worse at her chest: P. If you are caught looking at her body, the girl will consider you as a flirt. You should engage in a genuine eye contact and look at her with confidence while talking. Girls love confidence in a man!
- Relax and start a conversation: Don’t look nervous, be chilled out, relax and take your seat. Calm down! Don’t just get too fast while speaking, slow down your talk speed and ask questions that are non-judgmental. Keep the conversation simple, do not ask too many questions at once. Keep it slow!
- Engage in situational conversation: Start the conversation and throw questions gently in her court. You surely want to hear what she has to say, right? Whatever you ask, make sure you speak with confidence and ask her what she thinks.
- Knock it off with the flirts: Guys, a girl does not want to hear about her curves or anything about her body. She knows it! Yes, girls do like compliments but she always wants to feel wanted for other reasons, not for her body. So guys, be gentle! Hope that makes sense.
- A good sense of humour: Humour is the essential ingredient of any conversation. Having a laugh together is like having a connection. Girls love guys who make them laugh or guys who have a good sense of humour. Laughter is the best medicine! Pay attention to her triggers and how you can make her smile and laugh. Don’t overdo things, she will not take you seriously.
- Avoid Pick-up Lines: Pick-up line is a big “No-No”. It shows your inability to be original. Pick-up lines show desperation to start a conversation and appearing desperate is the last thing you would want. Let your conversation be friendly and casual and keep up the flow.
- Be observant: Observe what she is carrying with her and where she is. Observation will surely give you hints you need. Figure out if she is looking for something and see if could be of any help and ask her. Girls love guys who help them out.
- Listen carefully: Listen to what she is saying carefully, that gives continuation to the conversation. This also shows your presence of mind. Meaningful conversations can connect two souls!
- Look for common interests: The same thing again, observe and ask questions. If you find her carrying a book, ask her about it. To start a simple “Hi” would work out and start asking but do not bombard her with questions. Avoid asking Yes/No type questions, ask something that would get her talking.
- Keep the questions open-ended: If the questions you ask are not open-ended she might just reply with “Yes, No, Lol, Rofl…This way your conversation will not go too far. Make sure you ask her questions that can be answered in a couple of sentences and that would trigger some real conversation. Otherwise, close-ended questions get too boring to answer and the conversation dies soon.
- Know when it’s time to end the conversation: It’s completely fine if you feel your conversation is dying. All the conversations are not meant to last forever. It was your first meet, so just chill. But make sure to keep in touch with her and text her if you really liked her in the first meet.
- Ask her out: If you feel your conversation is dying and it’s the right time to ask her out. Do it with all your confidence. You can just ask her by saying. “Shall we go for a coffee or an ice-cream” or “If you are free this weekend, do you want to come for a movie”. This way conversation might take a turn 😛
You know what matters at the end? It’s the positive vibes you send through your body language and personality. There is no any technique, but being genuine and just you actually works out. So, guys just be yourself and have confidence in you. This is what all it takes! So go for it guys!